Short Sale Hardship Letter Example

Short Sale Hardship Letter Example

Lender Name
Lender Address

Today’s Date

Re: Hardship Letter/Short Sale for 123 Main Street, City, State 12345

To Whom It May Concern:

I purchased the property at 123 Main Street in March 2006. At that time, I had just
started my own antique resale business, which had great promise for generating profits
capable of supporting my mortgage. Unfortunately, sales were slow, which I attribute to
great declines in tourism after gas prices skyrocketed. I ran out of money, and began
working as a waiter to make ends meet. At the same time I was redoubling my efforts in
my own business, but to no avail. After struggling for months to make my expensive
mortgage payments, I had no choice but to put my house on the market. In August of
2006, I put my home up for sale by owner at an original listing price of $210,000. The
only people to look at the house ran when they saw the extensive damage to the pool and
the severe water damage from a leaking roof that had long needed a replacement. I
lowered the price, but still had no takers. Over the next couple of months I lowered the
home price three times, finally settling at $170,000. This price was the lowest I could list
the house at and still afford real estate agent commissions to be deducted, although it
leaves me with no profit. The home still has no offers. I am working with a real estate
agent now, who is listing my house and promises to push it to get it sold quickly. I believe
that using an actual agent will ensure that the home sells promptly.

I love my home, but I also understand that, at this point, I cannot afford it. I am a single
parent, now working as a waiter to survive. My financial situation cannot sustain a home
mortgage of nearly $2,000 per month. I would like nothing more than to sell my home,
avoid foreclosure, and salvage my credit. This is my main concern. I know that a
foreclosure on my record will affect me for years to come. I would ask that you please
assist me in avoiding this.

Please accept this offer as payment in full. My attorney has advised me to file
bankruptcy, but I prefer to avoid further destruction of my credit. I just want to move on
and start over.

I deeply appreciate your help and understanding in this matter. If you have any
questions, or need anything further from me, please contact me personally.

Kindest regards,

Home Owner Name
Rob Alley, Realtor
The Avery Group at Roy Wheeler
540-250-3275
roballey@roywheeler.com
http://www.robsellscharlottesville.com
http://www.forestlakesliving.com
http://www.theaverygroup.com

Comments

Popular Posts